The holiday season is now here! Which means lot’s of traveling to see friends, family, and loved ones. While traveling can be loads of fun, it also can entail stress and the start of creating bad habits.
You might be waking up early in the morning to catch that first flight of the day (which is 4:30am) for your morning meeting. Probably missing on eating a balanced breakfast and grabbing that large Starbucks latte with lots of cream and sugar. Paying for overpriced items at an airport, or making poor choices when stopping at a gas station or fast food joint.
When you’re sleep deprived, eating junk, stressed because you may be stuck in rush hour traffic or going to miss your next connecting flight, it all takes a toll on your body.
For someone who is always on the go, just my career in general takes a toll on my body. Going up and down in different altitudes 1-4 times a day causes bloating. Airplanes are dehydrating to your skin with all of that recycled air. Sometimes I have to be up at 3:30am, and some day’s I’m not ending a work day until 12:30am. When forgetting to pack food or meal prep, and I haven’t had any time to grab food in an airport, snacking on those salty processed airplane snacks adds to more bloating and making poor health choices (like feeling tired, stressed, and hangry.) And when on a layover and in a new city, I want to eat and drink like the locals and go to places that they go to.
Working in the travel industry for almost two years now, I have learned some insights on how to enjoy traveling, while still taking care of my health.
- Meal Prep
- Bring a water bottle and fill it up
- Don’t drink the water on the plane, including the bottled water (it is filled with sulfates & sodium)
- Don’t eat the salty airplane snacks
- Bring your own food to eat
- Create a travel health care routine
- Sleep with a silk pillowcase (it does wonders for your hair and skin!)
- Create a morning and night routine (something simple as reading 10 minutes before bed, and a 10 minute wake up yoga stretch/meditation)
- Moisturize! Find a product you and your skin love, and use it everyday
And sometimes when life gets the best of us, take time to recharge and restart.
I recently learned and came across some products and a brand that is great for those who want to better their health and live a stress free lifestyle, especially for those always on the go.
Forever Living, a mostly all aloe based products/company, is all natural/organic, and helps with reducing the stress that comes with traveling and always being on the next flight, road trip, commute to work, business meeting, etc.
I had the opportunity to use Forever Living’s products and let my daily stressors start to fade away.
Did you know that Aloe vera has natural cleansing abilities that help the digestive tract absorb nutrients from the foods we eat into the blood stream, while promoting friendly bacteria growth? The unique polysaccharide, acemannan, and other nutrients in aloe help to support the immune system.
Forever Living’s Forever Aloe Vera Gel is:
- 99.7% pure inner leaf aloe vera gel
- No added preservatives
- Supports healthy digestion
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- Supports nutrient absorption
- Helps maintain natural energy levels
When drinking Aloe:
- It tastes best refrigerated.
- Keep it refrigerated upright.
- Shake it before you drink it.
- Drink at least 8 ounces of water after you drink it.
- Begin with 1 teaspoon three times a day before meals on an empty stomach. You do not necessarily need to eat after drinking the aloe.
- Days 2-4, increase your dose to 2 teaspoons.
- Days 5-7, increase your dose to a tablespoon.
- Continue increasing until you are drinking 6-8 ounces per day.
Forever Living also offer’s a Travel Kit which will get your through TSA in a breeze because the kit has all of it’s products in TSA approved sized containers. It comes in the perfect travel carrying case that does not take up too make space, and fits perfect in your suitcase/carryon. These products are also all aloe vera based, making your skin and health love you even more.
Are you interested in wanting to improve your health while traveling? Or wanting to Fix your digestive issues?
Luba Rokpelnis, a Lifestyle Trainer, and blogger at Healthy With Luba, will have all the answers to your questions.
She writes about and offers tips and tricks on how to live the healthy life you want and may need some help with creating. Reach out to her at Healthy with Luba to learn more on how you can take away little stressors in your life, and waking up and feeling more energized and ready to take on each day.
You will receive a special gift from her if you mention that you read about her at Carry on Carly!
You can connect with Luba at : Healthy With Luba
And keep updated with her on her Facebook Page.
Thanks for reading!
– Carly ♡
Want To Keep Stowing Away On My Getaways, and Carry-On, Along, On My Adventures?
Give a like and follow me on Facebook
& Come and join me on Instagram – carryoncarly